Show Yourself Some Love! Article #4

Hello my Diva darlings!

It is I, Your Funky Diva, Eyvonne.

You know I’ve been thinking about you gorgeous Diva’s and trying to figure out what you want to hear about.  Well, one of the things that was brought to my attention was that as women we struggle with our identity far more than our male counterparts.  Our society has put pressures on us that men don’t have to worry about.  “Am I thin enough?”  “Am I tall enough?”  "Am I too tall" “Are my thighs too big?”  And the ever popular, “Is my butt too big?”  Yes, I said it!  Well ladies, none of this REALLY matters! What Really matters is how WE feel about ourselves.  Are you tall enough? Compared to what/whom?  Are you thin enough? For who? 

I heard this some time ago on Rosie O’Donnell and I will never forget it:  She was speaking to some star about her trip to Mexico with a model friend and she was amazed that everywhere she and her friend went the men were more interested in her (Rosie) and Not the model friend.  She said this went on for a few days and finally she couldn’t stand it any longer and she had to ask one of the men who was admiring her this one question; she said to him, “You see my friend over there?” and the man said, “Si” she went on to say, “She is beautiful, isn’t she?” he replied, “Si”  she replied, “Then why is it that everywhere we go, men are approaching me and not her?”  She said he replied this line that sticks with me, “The bone is for the dogs.  The meat is for the man”.   That not only made me howl with laughter, it made me think!  Sure there are men out there that want a thin woman and that is okay.  But, there are men out there that want YOU!  Yes YOU!  Just as You are! Tall, short, fat, skinny, and YES big butts too!  Voluptuous, Beautiful You! We have to learn to embrace ALL of ourselves and not try to conform ourselves to the worlds standards.  Make sure that the changes you make in yourself are for YOU and the betterment YOU wish for yourself, not someone else.

We were wonderfully and beautifully made in God’s image. (Whether you believe it or not)  

YOU are B*E*A*U*T*I*F*U*L!

So this month, I ask that you show yourself some LOVE! 

May 13, 2018 is Mother’s Day, and Funky Diva Accessories www.funkydivaaccessories.com has updated our website with a few new Earrings in the spirit of LOVE. 

Remember to spread the LOVE & Be Fabulously Funky!                       

  HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!   



“I bathed you with water and washed the blood from you and put ointments on you. 10 I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put sandals of fine leather on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. 11 I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, 12 and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head.13 So, you were adorned with gold and silver; your clothes were of fine linen and costly fabric and embroidered cloth. Your food was honey, olive oil and the finest flour. You became very beautiful and rose to be a queen. 14 And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign Lord. (Ezekiel 16:9-14 NIV)


Comments

Popular Posts